- This event has passed.
Social Thinking Conference
October 10, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Learn more than 20 Social Thinking strategies and three core treatment* frameworks to guide students, clients, and patients to better attend, interpret, problem solve, and respond to social information. Help individuals 1) observe and respond to situations based on the context and determine the “expected” behaviors of each situation, 2) learn core Social Thinking Vocabulary and concepts to encourage social-communicative competence, and 3) discover strategies for teaching self-regulation, executive functioning, emotional understanding, and theory of mind/perspective taking. Work in teams to develop lesson plans to implement new strategies in the home, clinic, or classroom the very next day. People love this hands-on, engaging course! *Treatment refers to using conceptual and strategy-based frameworks to help individuals improve their social skills and competencies. Participants will be able to:
1. Describe why the context or situation is key for figuring out social expectations and related social skills.
2. Describe the core steps of Social Behavior Mapping to help teach social responsibility.
3. Define at least five Social Thinking Vocabulary concepts.
4. Describe how Social Thinking Vocabulary concepts facilitate generalization across settings.
5. Describe the difference between sharing an imagination and a singular imagination and their relationship to conversations and reading comprehension.
We accept purchase orders at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be passing out ASHA verification of attendance forms to professionals who request it at the end of the conference. This form is accepted as documentation by ASHA of attendance for the ASHA Certification Maintenance Professional Development Program.
There will be 6 hours of professional development which will count as .6 CNM = .6 ASHA CEUs