- State Aims To Help Parents Keep Custody Of Kids With Disabilities July 18, 2017One state is working to keep families together with a new crisis fund designed to help children with severe behaviors get the support they need without forcing parents to give up custody.Rita Price, The Columbus Dispatch/TNS
- Crime Twice As Common Among People With Disabilities July 18, 2017People with disabilities are more than twice as likely to be victims of violent crime, according to new federal data.Shaun Heasley
- Salons Adapt To Needs Of Kids On The Spectrum July 18, 2017Haircuts can be a challenge for children with autism, but more and more stylists are working to address their unique needs.Amelia Nierenberg, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette/TNS
- Art therapy best practices for children with autism July 20, 2017A researcher is working with art therapists to find better ways to treat children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Researchers were able to develop a set of guidelines for delivering art therapy to children who have ASD.
- Antidepressant use in pregnancy linked to autism in children July 19, 2017Children exposed to antidepressants during pregnancy seem to be at a slightly higher risk of autism than children of mothers with psychiatric disorders who were not treated with antidepressants during pregnancy, finds a study.
- Blueprint for adult visual system is present at birth July 18, 2017Research reveals the presence of a blueprint for the complex visual system already present at birth. The observations shed light on a long-standing mystery about how and when certain cardinal features of the visual system develop.
- Autism awareness and acceptance July 2, 2017Awareness and acceptance have been the new buzzwords in the autism community lately. No, let me correct that, autistic individuals and their loved ones have always wished for these but people are talking about it now more than ever. So, what exactly do these words mean? Are they just another shooting stars or are they […]asn_admin
- The steak that roared July 2, 2017Laura James is a successful writer, journalist and mother. She’s also autistic. She describes a night out at a restaurant with her husband that should have been a lovely evening for them both. But Laura needs a restaurant to follow a few simple rules. A Tex-Mex circus with hundreds of menu options and unhelpful waiters […]asn_admin
- Thank you for paving the way June 17, 2017One of the most important things I have learned the longer I "travel," down this Autism "road," is that you need the support of a mom that has racked up a few more "miles," than you. read moreasn_admin