- Trump Budget Guts Medicaid, Disability Programs May 23, 2017Deep cuts to Medicaid and other programs that people with disabilities rely on are at the heart of President Donald Trump's first budget proposal.Michelle Diament
- ‘Swim Team’ Chronicles Life On The Spectrum May 23, 2017A documentary about the unlikely rise of a group of swimmers on the autism spectrum will hit theaters this summer.Shaun Heasley
- Parents Of Those With Disabilities Fear Deportation May 23, 2017Anticipating a broader immigration crackdown, undocumented families are hiring lawyers and scrambling to make contingency plans for their U.S.-born children with disabilities.Jocelyn Wiener, California Healthline
- Century-old drug as potential new approach to autism May 26, 2017In a small, randomized Phase I/II clinical trial (SAT1), researchers say a 100-year-old drug called suramin, originally developed to treat African sleeping sickness, was safely administered to children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), who subsequently displayed measurable, but transient, improvement in core symptoms of autism.
- Rates of suicide 'worrying' among people with autism, say experts May 24, 2017Suicide rates among people with autism in England have reached "worryingly" high levels, according to experts.
- Brain anatomy differs in people with 22q genetic risk for schizophrenia, autism May 24, 2017Study characterizes, for the first time, brain differences between people with a specific genetic risk for schizophrenia and those at risk for autism, and the findings could help explain the biological underpinnings of these neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Tennis player with autism slices up the competition May 13, 2017Brittany Tagliareni is not your typical tennis player. Before a match, she needs help tying her shoes and putting her hair in a ponytail. But none of that matters once she steps on the court. The sport has opened up a whole new world for the 26-year-old athlete with autism. "People accept me for who […]asn_admin
- Eight mistakes I made as a mom of a child with autism April 27, 2017Before my son’s diagnosis of Autism, I had never even heard about the condition. No one in my family was familiar with it and I knew of nobody who had this diagnosis either. So I started with a blank slate, with absolutely no idea what to do, how to deal with its plethora of challenges, […]asn_admin
- Autism and unconditonal love April 24, 2017Despite recommendations to institutionalize Chris, his parents opened one of the first ABA schools; Chris is now in high school. Never giving up, never stopping the fight and progress they have made with their son has also provided them the ability to love unconditionally. [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvH1sDn3v3I&w=560&h=315]asn_admin