The State Council on Developmental Disabilities, Area Board 12 in collaboration with Disability Rights California, Autism Society Inland Empire and the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are proud to announce that we are offering an Employment Summit on:
Saturday April 26, 2014
9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Shivela Middle School
24515 Lincoln Ave. Murrieta, Calif.
This Employment Summit is especially for transition-age students who have a desire to work, their parents, and the people who support them. There will be group sessions every hour on topics such as:
- Department of Rehabilitation services available for motivated job seekers
- Social Security Income and how wages effect benefits
- Assembly Bill 1041 “Employment First Policy”: What it is and how can it assist job seekers gain competitive employment
- How to get employment goals written into the IEP/ITP/IPP
- A special presentation for students on “Soft Skills”: How to develop them and how to identify individual personal gifts that employers are looking for in new-hire employees.
SAT, APRIL 19, 2014 – 9AM TO NOON at
RANCHO JURUPA PARK – ACORN and PECAN SHELTERS
4800 Crestmore Rd, Riverside 92509
We would like to invite everyone out to support ASIE and the families affected by autism. 100% of the proceeds will stay right here in the Inland Empire.
Cost for Walkers – $15 for adults; children 4-17 $10; children 3 and under – free. Free for individuals with autism! Rancho Jurupa Park charges a parking fee of $8 a car to be paid at the entrance.
• Admission into the event
• “Autism Touches Us All” bandana (while supplies last)
• Free downloadable pictures and a 25-20 second video clip showing you crossing the finish line.
• Exhibitors include local Autism Programs – come see what resources are available for you and your family! Activities or games at every booth!
• Organized games and activities throughout the morning.
Raise Pledge Money and get a chance to win prizes!