The State Council on Developmental Disabilities, Area Board 12 in collaboration with Disability Rights California, Autism Society Inland Empire and the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are proud to announce that we are offering an Employment Summit on:
Saturday April 26, 2014
9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Shivela Middle School
24515 Lincoln Ave. Murrieta, Calif.
This Employment Summit is especially for transition-age students who have a desire to work, their parents, and the people who support them. There will be group sessions every hour on topics such as:
- Department of Rehabilitation services available for motivated job seekers
- Social Security Income and how wages effect benefits
- Assembly Bill 1041 “Employment First Policy”: What it is and how can it assist job seekers gain competitive employment
- How to get employment goals written into the IEP/ITP/IPP
- A special presentation for students on “Soft Skills”: How to develop them and how to identify individual personal gifts that employers are looking for in new-hire employees.